Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Basing Flesh Hounds of Khorne

I decided to finish another project: Chaos Warhounds painted as Flesh Hounds of Khorne.



Basing

Putty

As always, I filled the central hole of the washer on which the miniatures are mounted with home made putty...


... which I then painted black.


Flocking

I first added grey soil (ash?) on some parts of the bases. I then added black rocks (coal?) to the rest of the base. Then, I sprinkled more grey soil over and between the rocks so as not to let the base be seen. Note that the larger rocks need more PVA glue to stick, so don't water it down.



Seal the bases.


Bushes

I already departed from my own Khorne basing convention established with the Bloodletters - but truth to be told, I now find it lackluster. To further the effect of desolation and lack of life where my Khorne daemons go, I decided to add some dry bushes for contrast with the grey soil/ash. As with the Chaos Marines and their ruined cityscape bases, I wanted to avoid large amounts of grass/bush, so I cut them down to 1/4 size and stuck them into crevices, flat areas, places where the flocking did not stick.




Finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment