Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Painting a Mage

Introduction

The fourth and final figure painted for one of my RPG (MAGUS) groups. He will be used as a warlock.


Planning phase


Ever since I laid eyes on this guy, I envisioned him in the blue robes of Deckard Cain. 

Painting




With such a dark color scheme, I went for a black primer.


Lay on the basecoat: dark brown, skintone. I also coated the robe in dark blue (barely distinguishable from black)...



... a couple of bronze charms, bonewhite paper...


... the face...


... and the backpack in the usual style.


Generous black wash on all surfaces, except the robe:



Edge highlight the skin:


Along with everything else.
Edge highlight the leather just like for the previous figures. Highlight the robe with 3 layers of successively lighter blues, then apply a light blue trim.



Basing


This guy looks to be travelling so peacefully - let's place him on a green field!
First, fill out the base with home made putty:


Basecoat that in brown, so as to avoid any white seeing through.


Apply soil, then grass, similar to the Warrior:



This base is smaller, so I didn't want to cram it full of stuff. After sealing the flocking, I placed a single bush on the grass:



Finished!







No comments:

Post a Comment